Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP23/2 1984 near Portland Maine

Started by pbrenton, August 08, 2022, 02:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbrenton

Compac 23/II 1984 "Ella J" for sale
Sail this Summer!  Ready for great day sails or overnight trips, this boat is the one you want for exploring shallow coves and inlets, and an occasional overnight on the hook for up to four people.  We?ve had great times waking up alone in an isolated cove, cooking breakfast and swimming off the stern before exploring island trails or stopping off at a marina restaurant.   She draws just 30?, and while you aren?t going to win many races, she is a solid boat in rough inshore weather that points well and steers with a light touch, an excellent first ?big boat? with small boat maneuverability.  The cockpit is 6?6? long, and even with tiller room 5 people can sit in it comfortably.  There?s just enough wood trim to look nautical but still easy to maintain, 3 bronze opening portholes per side add to the salty look.  Comes with a 2019 Tohatsu 4-stroke 8hp outboard with electric starter for aux power that can push you back to port when the weather turns sour at a good 5-6 knots, an Idasailor kick-up rudder that comes completely out of the water for storage, and makes for a nicely balanced tiller, a removable Porta-potty, two-burner Origo alcohol stove and stainless steel sink on clever rails that slide under the cockpit when not in use, VHF radio wired to the mast antenna, Tillerpilot auto pilot, and much more.  Sails are about 8 years old, well cared for, all the stays have been replaced within the last 10 years, Flexible Furler 2 roller furling headsail, sail cover about 5 years old, DC panel and all DC wiring and interior lights replaced in 2019, AC shore power connection with a 110v outlet in the cabin, electric bilge pump with float switch.  I think so well of this boat I bough the next bigger model from the same company.   
The tandem Magic-Tilt trailer for this boat is available (at no additional cost) but it needs significant repairs.  To get it off the Island it is on and to a repair place is $95 barging plus towing cost.  I'm happy to help with logistics.
Peter Brenton & Family
Compac 27 "Nydra"
Chebeague Is ME and Medford MA

H2operator

Hey Peter, Is the boat still for sale?
Thanks, Lance 828.508.1356