a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

I am back!

Started by MacGyver, December 14, 2022, 08:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Well, It has been a long year, and here I am, December already.
Steph was in college and I started a ton load of overtime, so much so that inmates, and shift commanders alike had no clue what shift I was actually on. Some actually thought I stayed in a cell somewhere and just kept popping out for shifts.

I am glad to say that Steph is now working in her field finally, and the kids are doing well now that the enforcer is back on a normal basis. With all that being said, I have done some work on the CP19, and we used the camper a few times very sparingly this year, the CP19 never saw the water due to time and money.

I did however start and get pretty far on the mast step conversion, which I hope to write in that topic about it all soon.

Glad to have a computer to get back on here and to say HELLO!
I am not using any social media so if you have me on one personally, it exists but I dont use them sadly.

Hope everyone is doing well! And Merry Christmas to all! Hope all of your projects are going well and health is solid!

MacGyver
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Bob23

The Mac is back! Hey, glad to hear all is well and you do sound very happy! Hopefully our paths will cross again and we'll throw back a PBR or two! A wonderful Christmas to you and yours!
Bob23

Tim Gardner

By throw back, do you mean "at the Brewer"?

Hey Mac!
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

crazycarl

Glad to see you back.  The overtime can be a killer.  I was working 80 - 96 hours a week my last 5 years.  Inmates would ask when my MSR date was.  It did get me out of there 6 years earlier than originally planned, and I'm grateful for that.  Now if I could only shed the 30lbs I accumulated the first 2 months of retirement!  Getting more than 5 hours sleep every night is another bonus.  Hang in there Mac, there a light at the end of the tunnel.

Not to be morbid, but take care of your health now.  Too many of my fellow COs have passed within months of retirement, and they were all younger than me by many years.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

kickingbug1

hope to see that 19 on the water next spring. im thinking about keeping the boat at keysport next year. the ramp is now private and owned by the marina. 750 from march to november on the trailer. its all fenced in and secure which is good. i can still step tje mast with no problem though but it is something to think about. glad everthing is good with you and yours. hope you have a merry christmas and have some holiday fun with the family. we miss you on the water buddy.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"