a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr racing

Started by kickingbug1, May 25, 2023, 09:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

in years past we have attempted to have at least one race with mixed results. last year we had a windward leward race that worked out well. so i was wondering how many sailors are interested in that. also i think i will volunteer roger and his rob roy for the night sail which was lots of fun the last time. thanks rog. the tour to the silo is also on without the storm hopefully. anyway let me know your thoughts regarding the race or anything else for that matter. see in a month
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

kickingbug1

i have marked our race course (windward leward). it will run east-west from near our raft up location (by the south shore swimming area east to the south shore ramp. the markers will be the same as last year with the one by the southshore ramp being next to the no wake marker, both should be easy to see. i will leave the makers out during the whole week so we might get multiple races in for those interested. as you all know the racing is just for sh&&&& TS and grins so no pressure. great for photo ops.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

rogerschwake

Plan on being there for another great CLR this year. A night sail sounds like a great idea to me. I'm doing a little painting and fixing this and that, haven't been in the water yet. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

ROGER

alsantini

Not having a particularly fast boat will not keep me from enjoying a good time with friends.  I am ready!  How many attendees Steve?

MacGyver

I am hoping to have the kids and us on the boat for the night sail, I think that will be great. We really hope this will be a great adventure for them, they have never been sailing, Steph has, but the kids havent. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

kickingbug1

the count appears to be a bit iffy. so rar i know that rich, jason matt, you, and roger. im hoping that chris and dan will make it. im gonna call them and find out. sarah just loves putting on the event for us. i just do what im told. ill get a definite number soon.

kickingbug1

randy said he  would be there, dan hasnt decided yet . he is thinking of selling his suncat. chris probably not his wife is pretty sick. jason is in. rich and roger are in . i  think that it.