a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Hurricane Ian

Started by crazycarl, September 29, 2022, 07:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

My wife's sister was under a mandatory evacuation from her newly built home in Cape Coral.  The only damage to the house is a torn screen, but their new 27' power boat came off the lift and sank.  I just returned from the slip where our 30'r is sitting almost 3' above normal.  It wasn't easy climbing aboard to adjust the dock lines.  The water is touching the bottom of our dock, and the street along the harbor is flooded.  I even saw a "No Wake" sign in a front yard.  :o  I'm told the rise in water levels is from the strong North wind, and the remnants of Ian may push the water and then some, out of the creeks and harbor.  Either way, our vehicles are fueled up, the generator has been tested, and we have 17 gallons of drinking water sitting by.     
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Christopher

Best of luck!  Glad you are prepared.

Bob23

And of course, Carl is well stocked with PBR!

fried fish

crazycarl

I love PBR!  I haven't found anything better for soaking a prop to remove those stubborn barnacles.  I have also found if you spray it on the ground, fire ants will vacate the lawn and mosquitoes will move out. 

As for drinking, I'll take a Hamm's please. 
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Bob23

It's a lovely day for a Guinness!

Seachelle

I hope you are all safe, Carl!!!

~ Chelle
SV Sunflower (Sunny) | 2021 Com-Pac Legacy
SV No Mas! | 1990 Com-Pac 23D MK3
https://passagesfromtheheart.wordpress.com

Tim Gardner

#1 Daughter lives in Naples, lost the screens on her lanai and a tree in the front yard. No other damage.  Her mother in law lost her home in Ft. Myers. She had waves up to 12 ft washing through her fist floor. Totaled, but she weathered the storm.

#2 Daughter lives in St. Augustine Beach five blocks from the Ocean.  Other than a few shingles, no damage to her home.  As a family, they all got through quire a cataclysmic storm. 

Smith Mountain lake was dropped 3 feet in advance of the storm, and only rose 2 feet back up.  I hope all y'all came through as unscathed.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.