a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Heading home

Started by alsantini, April 06, 2022, 08:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Well, time to move the boat north.  It was a decent sailing season on the Gulf of Mexico.  Not spectacular, but decent.  Getting the boat repaired made towing it down worth it, so any sailing was a plus.  The last month we have had winds in excess of 20 mph which limited my sailing.
Boat is packed up with the deck stripped of everything but the boom, mast and furler.  I even take off the shrouds, bimini, anchor, etc.  Motor is in the bed of the truck and my folding recumbent bike is in the cabin.
I should be home Saturday early PM.  A bit of cleaning, and re-setting up the boat should have me in Pistakee Lake (Chain of Lakes - northern Illinois) by the end of April.  Marina opens mid April with power and water at the dock by May 1st.
I have a new tiller sitting at home to install also.
Take care everyone, stay well and Sail On....    Al

crazycarl

Have a safe trip home!
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

5monkeys

Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170

Cpy23ecl

Have a safe trip Al

Fred

rogerschwake

You got a lot more sailing in than us up north for the winter. Here's to a great summer and hope to see you at the CLR.

ROGER

Fastdoc98

Hope the trip back is uneventful!

DavidV

Safe travels!

What is the sailing like on Pistakee Lake?

kickingbug1

cant wait to see you guys in june
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

kickingbug1

maybe we can count on rog for another night sail. that was the best
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"