a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1986 Com-pac 27 For Sale

Started by Seachelle, December 10, 2021, 04:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seachelle

Not my boat/no affiliatio; came across this listing today on yachtworld dot com:

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/1986-com--pac-27-2-8018422/

brackish

If memory serves, I think owned at one time by a former member of this forum.  A ski patrol guy at Winter Park, CO resort, lived in Frazier I believe.  Looks like the boat has fallen on hard times since he had it. Good project boat though, good bones.

crazycarl

At least they cleaned out the interior before listing it. ????
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Bob23

Brack, I also recalled the name Pooka! Whenever I see the words "good project boat" I run the other way! I have a hard enough time keeping Koinonia looking nice. 
Bob23

Ken J

Always amazes me how people treat and take care of these wonderful boats - sad really  - these boats are female after all  - take care of them and threat them well and you will get a lifetime of much joy

brackish

Quote from: Bob23 on December 11, 2021, 06:09:37 AM
Brack, I also recalled the name Pooka! Whenever I see the words "good project boat" I run the other way! I have a hard enough time keeping Koinonia looking nice. 
Bob23

Yep, that is usually the case.  But you can't tell by pictures.  Only a few things matter.  Condition of the sails, condition of the inboard (original Westerbeke 12), condition of the standing rigging, and whether there is core rot or blisters in the glass.  Everything else is cleanup or low cost replacement. Any of those would cause me to pass.

The member here was Jim23.  He helped me with sources for snow shoes for my wife a few years back. The boat still has Colorado registration numbers on it.

Seachelle

I just called the brokerage to inquire about a different boat, but asked about the CP 27, Pooka, as they're also brokering her; looks like she has been sold — glad that the boat found a new home!