a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

WTB Eclipse

Started by Neducati, November 08, 2021, 04:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neducati

No longer shopping for an Eclipse. Instead, I bought a 2005 Com-Pac 23 yesterday.
2005 Com-Pac 23/IV Simplicity (no 639) - SOLD
2020 Com-Pac Legacy Sport - SOLD

alsantini

Good luck in your efforts to find an Eclipse.  With the limited number of them available, when they come up they disappear quickly.  I would love to trade up years and look almost daily.  My 2007 Eclipse is number 49 and I believe they are producing in the 90's now.  If you find one, jump on it since it probably will not be around long, unless it is in poor shape.  There has been a 2006 for sale down here in FL that needs a ton of work since it is really rough.  Sails shot, gelcoat gone, no outboard, cabin has had standing water in it, etc.  It has been on the market for over a year and I think will stay on the market.  If you find a new or newer model that is a bit pricey, let me know and maybe we can pull off a trade together.  Sail On    Al  (Off the Wind)

Neducati

Thanks Al. The one in Maine that we spoke about (Wanderer) sold just before I decided to go get it. It?s just a matter of timing and waiting.

I?m still interested in a 23, since I don?t move the boat around like you do and would only have to raise and lower the mast and rig the sails once each year. 

Ned
2005 Com-Pac 23/IV Simplicity (no 639) - SOLD
2020 Com-Pac Legacy Sport - SOLD

alsantini

Previous to the Eclipse I had a Precision 21.  What a great boat.  I stepped the mast in the Spring (with help) and dropped it in the Fall.  It had a 165 Genoa and could fly.  I loved it and kept it for 13 years.  BUT, the downside was the set up and tear down time.  Working at a relaxed pace it would take 2 of us close to 2 hours.  As I contemplated bringing it down to FL for the winter, I realized the only practical way was to have a slip or do mast up storage at a marina.  A PITA at best.  The Eclipse is a great traveling boat.  Yesterday I stepped the mast and put the Genoa on in about 40 minutes.  Today I am taking the Admiral out to the Gulf to sail and it will take me 30 minutes to have OTW in the water.  Is it as fast as the P-21 - No, but it handles rough water way better and is just as comfortable.  Every boat is a compromise, in my mind.  The Eclipse does what I want, when I want and is a very capable sailing boat.  Good luck in your quest for a boat.  Sail On   Al     BTW, do you currently have a boat?  If yes what?