a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CLR

Started by alsantini, June 01, 2021, 02:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Hey fellow Eclipse owners.  CLR (Carlyle Lake Rendezvous) is fast approaching.  If you can make June 21 - 24 in southern Illinois, you will not be disappointed.  Carlyle Lake is a sailing lake.  Big and empty during the week.  We stay at the marina at the South end of the Lake (West Access Dam and Marina) and there is a small motel on site should you choose to not spend nights onboard.  There is a nice clubhouse with bathrooms, showers and a kitchen so you can make b-fast if your want.  We generally sail to a destination or have a "make believe" race.  Perhaps even a night sail.  We usually go out for dinner together and there is a fun night (Thursday) that caps off the week.  Some sailors stay on extra days to continue to sail.  I have attended 2 times - once with the Admiral and we had a great time.  It is  a good few days of sailing and comradery.  Spouses are encouraged to attend.  Questions PM me and I will be happy to answer, if I can.  Also, under destinations there is a CLR series of posts started by Steve, who is in charge of CLR.  Actually Sarah is in charge and delegates to Steve.  LOL  Sail On    Al

Cpy23ecl

I had hoped to make it to this but it doesn't look like it will work out.  Once I get the boat back from repairs for the delaminated cockpit sole I need to get the trailer fixed, the disc brakes are apparently contaminated with grease and barely work. 

Fred

kickingbug1

al. you are a hell of a press agent
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"