a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Oil filter cross for 12 hp motor

Started by Steve W., October 20, 2006, 10:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve W.

Does anyone have a cross from the Universal oil filter to a Fram oil filter or other?

thedavo

Steve, just went down to my boat and looked. The Fram filter is labeled: PH3593A. Maybe someone else can confirm that is correct as it was dimly lit down there and I had to read it with a mirror. Fives look like twos, nines look like sixes. I studied it for a good while though I'm 90% sure that is correct. Just wanted to leave myself that 10% out. Dave.

thedavo

Steve, Just to be clear though, the M-12 is actually a ten horsepower. Are you calling the M-12 a twelve horsepower? I just looked on a Universal site and they list the M12 as a ten horse @ 3600 rpm, the M-15 an eleven horse @ 3000 rpm. I assumed that you were talking about the M-12 earlier which is what I have, but I know that Com-Pac stepped up to the bigger power plant with later 27s. Mine is a 1987. Hope I'm not throwing a wrench into the works. Dave.

Steve W.

You are right, it's a M12  not 12 HP the boat is an 1986

dvhartley

West Marine has the correct number for the proper Fram for the Univeral. I don't know what the number is. It is on my boat. Kubota is too long so don't use that.

Connie Meadows

Yanmar makes a sweet little filter that fits better than the others for the M-12.  No rubbing with the alternator belt.  Much cheaper too.  119305-35151   I just replaced mine with this one.   My local boat supplier told me about these. 

LIsounder

FYI -

All my filters are NAPPA and seem to work well -

Oil p/n 1356
fuel p/n 3390 ( block )
fuel p/n 3582 ( racor )

I wish that was my only concern !

Capt JT

Roger Schwake

Thanks for the NAAPA numbers on all the filters for our Kobota engines. The block fuel filter was the one I didn't have. Thanks again and good sailing this summer.