a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Getting closer

Started by Cpy23ecl, September 08, 2020, 09:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpy23ecl

My dealer just informed me that the factory has been ordering parts and materials for my new eclipse.  Hopefully that means I'll take delivery in time to get a sail or two in before winter!

Fred

alsantini

Fred.  I know you are getting excited about the new Eclipse as I would be too.  Take it easy when you get the new boat and keep in touch.  I know I can reduce your set-up time by eliminating all the mistakes I made early on with my Eclipse.  Sail On...  Al

Cpy23ecl

Cpy23ecl

Anybody happen to know how long it takes them to complete an eclipse once they start building it?

Thanks.

Fred

kickingbug1

just curious but what does a new eclipse cost these days
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Cpy23ecl

Quote from: kickingbug1 on September 28, 2020, 12:14:49 PM
just curious but what does a new eclipse cost these days
Base price is almost 33K.  With options could be another 8k to 10k or more.

Fred

kickingbug1

a great boat to be sure
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Cpy23ecl

Found out yesterday the hull for my new eclipse is in the molds so things have started moving forward.  The bad news is completion estimate has been pushed back a month to early Dec.  Oh well, guess I didn't want to go sailing this year anyway.

Fred

crazycarl

Pushed back until December?  THAT'S FANTASTIC NEWS!

It's extremely bad luck to let a new boat sit for too long a time before wetting her.  Plus, the last thing you want is to launch her in the spring and find something amiss.  A trip to the keys this winter would rectify that and any chances of bad luck in the future.  Tell the boss that you MUST take it out this winter for a week two week shakedown cruise.

https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Cpy23ecl

I'd considered doing some sailing in FL since I was planning to drive down and pick it up myself but truthfully I really don't feel comfortable towing a trailer in snow and/or ice and there's a decent chance of that kind of weather in early Dec.

Fred