a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1982 Compac 16 for sale, with electric motor and trailer

Started by mr.jadkowski, August 14, 2020, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.jadkowski

I kinda hate to see this one go, but we bought a bigger boat and doing maintenance on both is too much. This CP16 got me hooked on sailing, and it has been a fun base camp for exploring on the water and some overnights on Lake Champlain. It is pretty basic for a 16, but it is fully sorted out and sails great! Everything is solid and works like it should. There are a couple of small cosmetic projects that can be done if you are looking to spruce her up, but everything is 100% seaworthy and ready to go. Odds and ends that I've done to the boat over the last couple of years:

• Refinished the gelcoat by cutting, polishing, and waxing. It could use a good wash and a fresh coat of wax, but it still looks nice.
  • Replaced the mainsheet and jibsheet
  • Added a folding swim ladder
  • Battery mounted in the bow with a bulkhead quick disconnect in the cockpit to power the electric motor or to charge with solar
  • Fresh bottom paint
  • Re-covered trailer bunks
  • Replaced trailer lighting and wiring

I'm asking $2000 for the boat with main/110% jib/genoa, the trailer, and the electric motor setup. An assortment of extras are included, such as the mainsail cover, jib deck bag, boat fenders, ect. Pretty much everything you need to get on the water except for maybe some dock lines. The boat is currently on the trailer just outside of Burlington, Vermont, but I'm happy to meet potential buyers for a test sail anywhere within an hour of Burlington. I sailed it less than a week ago, and it is totally ready to go.

I can take plenty of other pictures of any details potential buyers want to see. I'm posting it here so the Compac true believers can get a first crack at it, but I'll be putting it on Craigslist and Facebook in a week or two. Happy sailing!

LazyDog

Could you tell me how old are the sails? Are they original to the boat?

mr.jadkowski

I think the main and the jib are, although I don't know for sure. The Genoa seems to be newer. All three are made by Johnson. They are a bit stretched but still totally serviceable and will get the boat up to hull speed in less than 10 knots of wind.

mr.jadkowski

The boat sold yesterday after being on Craigslist for 12 hours, for $200 more than I was asking. I guess the market for Compacs is hot!