a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Driveway sailing

Started by Fastdoc98, May 22, 2020, 06:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastdoc98

Winds were too light to bother going to the lake today, so I decided to tackle the polishing and waxing instead.  I bought some Presta Ultra and Collinite 885 on Amazon and today was the day to fire up the Makita and get 'er done!  No doubt my arms and shoulders will be crying tomorrow, but for just this one day my boat looks stunning.  I used the Makita for the topsides and in the cockpit and did all the rest by hand.  Wax was all hand rubbed, both on and off.  Birds keep trying to build a nest in the sail at the end of the boom - I'm pulling out handfuls every time I pull the tarp off.  Will you just look at it?!

kahpho

Don't think that qualifies as driveway sailing. Rules stipulate that you must be in the cockpit, feet up and a cold brew in hand to qualify.  With or without wind.   ;)
'07 Legacy "Amphibian"

Fastdoc98

True, and I failed to raise the mast and sails, so I guess it doesn't count as sailing.  Just sailing-related.

Razor

"Cool Change" - 1994 Com-pac 23

crazycarl

boat looks great!

good to know i'm not the only one who raises their sails while the boat's on the trailer in the driveway.  i'll sit in the cockpit and read my SCAs while adjusting the sails and calling out "ahoy, where ye be heading my lass/lad"?  to people walking by.  most just lower their heads and increase their pace, but if i strike a capt. morgan pose and call out "have ye seen thee white whale i be pursuing"?  they'll stop and reply, or look at each other and i can barely hear them ask, "has he been drinking"?  probably doesn't help i'm in full pirate garb and hire a midget on the weekends to act as my first mate, but it keeps me from dealing with talkative neighbors and strangers trying to convert me. 

so you guys do the same, right?
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Fastdoc98

I sort of do that.  Except for the pirate garb.  And the midget.  Well, and actually talking to anyone.  But other than that, yeah same.

Bob23

Doc: looks like you should reef! Yer heelin' over a wee bit!

alsantini

Boat looks beautiful.  Great job/