a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

important anouncement concerning the CLR

Started by kickingbug1, May 05, 2020, 07:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

due o the spread of the covid 19 virus we have decided to postpone this years CLR event, Sarah and I feel that it would be irresponsible to go ahead as planned. your health and safety are much more important to us. at this time we may consider the end of august to be a possibility. we will see how june and july plays out. we are very sorry but that's the hand we have been dealt,
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

alsantini

Hey Steve.  Everyone understands the cancelling of CLR.  We don't like it but accept it.  LOL  If you do decide on the end of August, I will try and attend.  My best to you and Sarah....

crazycarl

Sign of the times. 

All the fun shoots and competitions have been cancelled or postponed, the not for profit concert venue I volunteer at closed, even High Heels, The Silver Slipper, and The Lamp Liter have closed.  Now Joan never goes out!  :o
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Bob23

Geez!!!! I was just leaving!!! Thanks a lot!!!

crazycarl

Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Christopher

I'm sorry to hear the news.  I was really looking forward to it.  Hopefully it can happen In August. 
Cheers,

Bob23

Carl:  Yes! Land rowing takes quite a bit of time!

Good call Steve... I guess. The Blackburn Challenge rowing race that I attend each year in MA has also been cancelled. It was to take place on July 18th. If the CLR is rescheduled, I'll do my best to attend.

Cheers!!! Bob23

kickingbug1

one thing im going to miss is the chance to beat bob in our first rowing challenge. I finished to conversion from square stern canoe to rowing skiff. she worked great and is pretty fast to boot.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Bob23

Yes Steve- the chance! Lord willing you'll have your chance in 2021 unless you decide to drive east and challenge me in my own waters! C'mon, fire up that '52, you and Sarah drive out to NJ and we'll go sailing after I win!
Cheers!
Bob23

lkm

I'm a probable for at least for weekend activities (with girls) and a maybe me alone to the Friday night activities.
2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro

lkm

2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro