Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Mooring a Picnic Cat

Started by glenn1489, March 19, 2020, 07:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruce

Looks good Glenn :).

I make it a point of inserting the pins from the front, so gravity helps keep them in place, but there isn't much slope. I've never seem a tendency for them to work loose during sailing, but for piece of mind when leaving the boat especially, I like Andre's recommendation.
Bruce
Aroo, PC 308
Narragansett Bay, RI

glenn1489

Tim, I think the chafe guard is nylon. It came with the mooring setup which I took over from its previous owner. It's at least 3-4 years old and looks like it hasn't lost any effectiveness.

Andre and Bruce, good idea on the forestay pins. I'll check out other types.

Glenn
Glenn
2016 PC "Papa's Boat"
Cape Cod, MA

captbob57

Hi Glenn, nice pictures. Looks like you could ride out a gale! Just wondering while at the mooring do you keep the stern plugs in or out? Also I agree with Andre to replace the bow push pins with regular clevis pins. The push pins are a good quick and easy, but I feel a little more secure using regular clevis pins. Smooth sailing, C.B.

Gerry

The pix from Tim are perfect.  That boat is going nowhere.
Gerry "WyattC"
'81 CP16

glenn1489

C.B., I keep the stern plugs out when moored (in case of rain). Though when I went for a sail the other day, I forgot to put them back in and the stern was flooding. I need to get really good at remembering:
1. Put plugs in when sailing.
2. Take them out when moored.
Glenn
2016 PC "Papa's Boat"
Cape Cod, MA

captbob57

Thank you Glenn, I notice in your pictures you keep the motor on the boat when moored. I guess the weight of the motor doesn't effect the ability of the boat to drain with the plugs out? Thanks, C.B.

glenn1489

If I'm not in the boat, the weight of the motor alone does not seem to be an issue.
Glenn
2016 PC "Papa's Boat"
Cape Cod, MA

captbob57