Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Foiled rudder blade

Started by Styge, October 28, 2019, 07:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Styge

Hey guys,

Plenty of comments on here already about foiled rudders but just curious if anyone is sporting the "Com-Pac 23 High Performance Foiled Replacement Rudder Blade" from rudder craft priced at $395? 
If so, how'd you like it? 
I discovered pitting in my flat blade (not sure how, it was raised out of the water 99.85% of the time!(I did the math)) and rather than repair it may be a opportune time to switch out/upgrade.

Anyone?

wes

That's probably the most common upgrade on this site; it would be harder to find owners who HAVEN'T done it. Widely considered to be well worth the money. Sometimes you'll see it referred to as an "Ida" rudder, which was the predecessor company to Ruddercraft.

I'm on my 2nd one on my CP 19. The first one served well for over ten years. When the blade split, Ruddercraft replaced it for a reasonable charge.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Styge

Thanks Wes,

Better start writing my letter to Santa!

Vipersdad

I love my Ruddercraft rudder on my CP 19-II.  It sails so much better than the factory blade.  Call Jeff at Ruddercraft and he can answer any questions you have.  208.375.2204

V.
s/v  "MaryElla"   Com-Pac 19 / II  #436
Iceboat "Red Bird"--Polar Bear 10-Meter, Built 1953

Lake Winnebago, Lake Mendota, Lake Namakagon, Lake Superior.

"To Hutch, Gerry, Buck, and Clarkie--Who made it so much fun.".....Robert F. Burgess, Author-Handbook of Trailer Sailing 1984