a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Please share c27 storage idea, tricks, hacks, etc

Started by texwards, October 03, 2019, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texwards

As the new owners of a Compac 27, we are in love with our boat! The engine access is incredible,  availability of parts and support is wonderful, handling is pleasantly surprising, and the overall salty appearance is spectacular...

Our main concern, as a family of 7 stepping down in size  from a cavernous Columbia 34, is storage . It has become a rare sail with more then three of us aboard (which is why we downsized), but we do occasionally all sail together. With no hanging locker (space robbed by a/c ducting), I fear that any extended family sail will lead to a dangerous and uncomfortably cluttered cabin. I'd love to hear (and see pictures) of any storage hacks, ideas, or additions that you have come across to efficiently utilize your lazarette, locker, and cabin space.

Tim Gardner

Buy a rigid bottom inflatable dinghy that can seat 18 and put all of your family in it and sail on!
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

texwards

Here is my 'coffee shelf'. I have been a little disappointed by how much space my little coffee maker takes up in the galley so I grabbed some scrap marine wood and built a temporary, yet secure, wood shelf.
This is attached to a wood cleat on the outer edge attached to the trim at an existing screw hole. I did have to add one additional hole in trim to for security - but when the shelf is removed this can receive a hook for holding keys... The inner end sits on the bulkhead and is secured via a strap through the grab hole.