a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Suncat boat cover question

Started by Matt C, May 13, 2019, 10:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt C

I keep my Suncat on a lift, with mast up, and am interested in getting a boat cover.  Does anyone know a good source?  Thanks

Matt

Maritimer67

Hi Matt,

Ameriseam, in Tampa is the canvas shop for ComPac and I had them make me a new cover for my Sun Cat last Sept. See my previous posting with details:
http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?topic=11087.0
Roger M
2008 Sun Cat #296
Apollo Beach, Fl

Matt C

john trussell

Has anyone had problems with squirrels chewing into the factory cover and chewing up the sail, sail cover and halyard? They chewed an opening in the front of the cover where it goes around the anchor/mast tender bracket and a couple of other suncats in the area have had a similar problem.

JohnT

Bilge Rat

Fortunately the squirrels in my area of the country (Northern CA) have not figured out how to do that. You must have an aggressive species there wherever you are.
'09 Sun Cat, '06 Catalina 16.5, '00 Lido 14, '84 Holder 14

john trussell

I'm in SC. A couple of other Suncats in the same club have had the same problem. Over the winter, the squirrels chewed a hole in the front of the cover, destroyed the sail cover, damaged the sail (repairable), and chewed up the peak halyard. I understand that a boat is a hole in the water into which you throw money, but I would prefer not to throw any more money into this particular hole! Any suggestions are welcome.