Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Looking for a 94 or newer CP 27

Started by John, March 04, 2019, 10:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Hi,
I just sold a nice 1987 CP27... and my plan was to do nothing for awhile. Then I decided to look for an Island Packet 27... with the issues that are arises about the chain plates on IP's I am back looking at Com-PACs. Great boats !!  Any leads would be appreciated. Any advice or suggestions would also be even more appreciated.

Allure2sail

GOOD CHOICE ON YEAR WANTED. REALLY NEED AND WANT THE EXTRA HORSEPOWER.

Reighnman

My neighbor has a IP31 and heard he was getting a quote to replace his chain plates. Have you looked into pricing the repair? Could be a fair tool in negotiating the price down. To me, the IP 31 with centerboard is the perfect shallow water cruiser.

If you have $73k burning a hole in your pocket, there's a tricked out 2008 Compac 27 in Riverside, NJ.  There's also a 94 in Maryland on Craigslist. Take a close look at the pictures as the cabin sole appears to have water damage. Good luck on your search!
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

John

Still looking... I found a 1996 and a 1997 both in Florida. Hoping to go see them and an Island Packet 27 also in Florida next week. Anyone know of others please share.
Thanks !!

Mas

Hey John, know you are looking for a CP27 or IP27 but have you ever considered the Pacific Seacraft "Orion" 27? I know PeterG, who is on this forum, had one for a long while and still misses her, and even though he swears he is done with sailboats, I bet he secretly wishes he still had her!

I have copied a link to one that is a vey good price and the Plan C layout which I personally like better than the A, but each to is own! Do a search for some others for sale. I believe them to be one of the most beautiful yachts ever built.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1982/pacific-seacraft-orion-mk-ii-3075343/

....another few with one down in Florida, which is also the Plan C layout, boat cover and a trailer for her to boot! Little pricey but one of the best examples i have ever seen of one.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/category/type/Pacific+Seacraft/Orion+27

Anyway just some other options in the 27 foot range. If you wish a less than unbiased opinion on them PM PeterG. His bark is worse than his bite!

Good luck in your search.  :)

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

deisher6

John:  Mas has a very good point.  We have owned among other sailboats: 2, C-16's a C-23 and 2, C-27's.  One of the C-27's was new in 1986.  A year ago we lucked into a very reasonably priced 1993 PSC 34.  It is extremely user friendly especially for old sailers single handling. 

Recommend that you do not limit yourself to 27 feet. 

If you are ever around New Bern would be glad to take you out for a sail.

regards charlie

Vectordirector

If you haven't put this one on your list I would recommend checking her out.    https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/69325

Good luck!

Vectordirector
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

John

Charlie,
Thanks for the information. I have had 2 IP 27's (one was the next to the last IP 27 built... I looked at the last one built in St. Petersburg a couple of weeks ago). I have als had 3 CP23 and 1 CP 27... along with a Tayana 37. I have a slip in Belhaven with a lift set up for a CP27 so I was looking for something that would not require too much modification for the lift.
Thanks and I would love to go sailing sometime. I spend a fair amount of time in Belhaven so not far away from you.
Thanks again
John

John

Thanks Vectordirector,
That is one of the boats I want to see in Florida in the next couple of weeks.

Mas

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

John

Thanks, I have talked with one of the owners and the broker about this boat. I made them an offer and feel like we need to be in the same ballpark before driving that far to see it. It has had an issue with the floor and bulkhead.
Thanks for sharing.
John

John

If I could work out something with them it might make me a good boat. Not much as far as equipment but would be easy to sail down to Belhaven from there. Needs lots to make it nice.

John

Hi all. I think I have found my next CP27. Sea Witch in Wilmington, NC.
I tried to try and set up an appointment to see and try to buy a 1996 CP27 in Florida... I called and talked with a broker from Ross Yachts. He told me that the boat was in such bad condition he would not even show it. I tried calling and texting and he continued to refuse to make an appointment. I just talked with the owner who said that the boat was in perfect condition but had just sold. Bottom line... stay clear of ROSS YACHTS !!