a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1981 Compac 16 Project Boat [sold]

Started by GrafRig, April 05, 2019, 04:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrafRig

A got a compac 16 a couple years back that the previous owner had left in the water without any bottom treatment, and the gelcoat had totally failed below the waterline. I've taken almost all of the hull below the waterline down to bare fiberglass, but simply haven't had the time to devote to the project and at the rate I'm going she won't be in the water for another three years. With just a little more sanding it would be ready for fairing and barrier coat.

The boat:
~Previous owner hit an obstruction with the mast up, bending the mast and pulling the tabernacle off the boat. I swapped masts with another project boat, so the mast that is included with the boat is NOT the mast that was damaged. The tabernacle is in decent shape and just needs to be screwed back on.
~Most of the gelcoat below the waterline has been sanded off. It needs a little more removed and blended in around the boot stripe, and then it could be faired out and get barrier coat/bottom paint.
~There are a few test spots above the waterline that I ground down to fiberglass to assess the state of the hull. My plan was simply to fair them back in and paint the hull above the waterline as well.
~Sails are included, but I can't fully attest to their condition as I've never used them.
~To the best of my knowledge everything else on the boat is aged, but usable. I've never sailed the boat, so if there's something lurking I haven't found it yet.

The Trailer:
~I actually put nearly as much work in to the trailer as the boat, as I drove it about 500 miles shortly after I got the boat.
~New Lights
~New Jack
~New Bunks (all the rusted bolts attaching the bunks were ground off and replaced)
~New Rollers
~Spare Tire
~Trailer is in decent condition, with a single rust spot that might want a little love if you're going to use it extensively.

Boat is currently off the trailer, so I'd have to organize getting it back on the trailer before it left its current home.

Location: Centreville, Virginia (I'd deliver within about 100 miles of here.)
Asking: $600 OBO for boat and trailer

I can't find the pictures I took of the boat at the moment, once I track them down (or the blooming rain stops) I'll take some more and post them.
Greg
PM me or gcgraf at gmail dot com

GrafRig

Some Pictures of the boat: