a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Capt Ron RIP

Started by alsantini, July 28, 2019, 10:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

It is with a heavy heart that I let all you fellow Eclipse owners know that Capt. Ron (Ron Roots) passed away peacefully in his sleep suffering a massive heart attack.  His wife, Chari, called me last week with the sad news.
I first met Ron and Chari when they were looking at a dark hulled Eclipse up in Madison, Wisconsin.  Ron had asked if I could drive up to Wisconsin and help check the boat over prior to his buying it.  We became instant friends and he bought the Eclipse.  Ron reviewed both of my sailing books and posted his reviews here.  He will be missed within the Eclipse family and especially by me.
I realize that most of you have not personally met Ron, but if you could post something here, I will see that Chari gets a copy of everything.
Capt. Ron - Fair winds and following seas - RIP

Potcake boy

Thankfully he had the sailing experience to brighten his life, and grow his soul. My heart is with his survivors.
Ron
Pilot House 23 - GladRags
Punta Gorda Florida

A mouse around the house - but much hotter on the water

Bob23

May his memory be a blessing.

Tim Gardner

Captronr was last online July 10.  He was a regular poster here, amassing 252 posts over 4 years.  Most active on the Eclipse Board, he lent his wry wit to many other topics.  His affable personality shown through even on dry topics, and I counted him a CPYOA buddy and shipmate.

I and we all will miss him.

"My heart is as full as my glass,
When I drink to you a final farewell, old friend!

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

kickingbug1

hope he finds calm seas and favorable winds
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

slode

My condolences to Chari.  May she find peace in the memories that live on.
"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41

Reighnman

We'll raise our glasses to Ron at BBB.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat