News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1989 Compac 19/3, Completely redone, ready to sail.

Started by MacGyver, April 03, 2019, 09:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I have decided to sell due to recent life changes, and really how I see my life in the near future.
Also, I plan to list this in multiple sites soon, which I had never done prior, but listing it here first because I know someone here would love this boat as I have during her time under my care.

Not sure how to post pictures on here...... sorry.

It is in my garage currently, and the mast is off the boat in a rack I have built for the mast. The garage is a nice area free of mice and pests. She has been garage kept for most of her life, and well taken care of.
Has a furler as well, stored right next to the mast in a PVC tube.

I can have this boat ready for a serious buyer, but to get it out may take a little as I remove the tongue to give me another 4 feet of shop space, so I would need to know just so I can put it back on and move it back in case the buyer was to leave with it that day.

The list below is my original listing, copied here. The picture links have all gone, so I will have to be emailed to get pictures of it. I will say that the only things wrong as of 03/20/2019 is as follows:
The bottom could use another paint job, which wouldn't be a hard task, and could actually be trailer sailed the way it is.
The woodwork needs refinished. And I believe I have the product for the job.
The hatch board just needs replaced...... it is usable, but not pretty.
The full batten mainsail needs cut down shorter, and I had talked to Sailrite about doing that before, so I know that wont cost much.
The Tohatsu has a few marks on it due to the move from Oklahoma (the movers took the engine and laid it against some of my shop tools. It didn't affect its performance, just has some scratches now) Has hardly been used.

I started the listing at $10,500 but listen folks, I am open to negotiations because I own her outright and I know my life has changed drastically. So if you have a offer, let me hear it, lets talk...... I don't want her to sit any longer. It isn't fair to her.

I can be reached at 618-780-3585
The original post is copied here and updated.

It is hull number 513.

The list of what has been done to the boat is lengthy, and the boat is literally completely redone.

Completed by June 2012
New Halyards and dock lines (Color coded, Main is red, Mainsheet is white with red fleck. Jib Halyard is green, Jib Sheet is White with Green fleck) ALL DACRON

Completed by July 2013
All Nav lights were replaced (Bow and Stern)
New Headliner
All new hardware (bolts/fasteners, etc.)
Jib Downhaul with Harken micro blocks
Original Deck blocks refitted with Harken ball bearing replacements.
Mainsail Cover with Lazy Jack slits
Harken Lazy Jacks
Replaced Motor with Tohatsu Sailpro 6hp ULTRA long shaft (August 2013) ($1600)(not used until mid 2014)
Jib bag
New Bimini (has a cover, and can be used when sailing with no interference, also
SS fittings in lieu of plastic and adjustable track, frame is double walled aluminum)
New Anchor Light (didn't have one before, installed on the ACC switch)
New Steaming light fixture
New 4 wire thru deck plug in for mast
New anchor line (100 ft of 3/8 Nylon with eye + swivel and shackle)
ALL hardware rebedded with new hardware and Butyl Tape
Repaired all deck issues (cant list, better to explain)
Full bottom Job using Interlux 2000, and Fiberglass BottomKote paint Blue. ($1700)
Paint Topsides with Interlux PERFECTION "Platinum" and stripe with Brightsides "Royal Blue"
Paint deck with Interlux PERFECTION "Platinum" and "Mediterranian White???" and utilized a nonskid compound called GripTex modifier.
****All wood coated in Spar Varnish Schooner Gold****
****NEW Eyebrows installed.****
Sheet bag
New Compass with Teak backer and plastic cover
Spaced the motor mount off the transom with HDPE and added a aluminum backer plate, and installed 4 more bolts.
Added backer plates to the swim ladder.
Fiberglass foil of the rudder plate, and primer and paint like bottom.
NEW lifelines, AMSTEEL lines and CS JOHNSON fittings
Lifeline cushions (made in 2012, revamped in 2013)
Group 31 battery (12 V)
Went through all original wiring and repaired all issues.
Forward hatch, replace both handles with rebuild kits
New spreader boots
Install turnbuckle covers
Replace motor mount wood plate with Plastic one
Forespar Tiller extension handle
Davis Instruments Windex
Tiller handle was epoxied and Spar varnished.

TRAILER:
New Galvanized rims and tires and spare tire.
New bunks and bunk carpet
Spare tire carrier
New coupler
New trailer jack
New winch
New bearings, and Marine grease
New center rollers (replaced with better than the black junk rubber.....cant remember the type they were......) Also added a few to help with launch and pull.
New V roller and changed V roller to mate with the boat properly. (same material as the boat rollers)
New Lights, and added a plug to be able to remove the tongue to fit it into a 24 foot length if needed (like in my garage)

The boat will come with:
Jib bag and Mainsail cover
HANK ONs 2 main sails, 2 head sails, a 155 Genoa, and a 115 Jib. All in great shape.
Full batten main and a 140 roller furling that is good down to a 110 efficiently.
Floating Winch handle by LEWMAR
Pump handle.
Sheet bag
Interior organizer bag
Hatch board for AC unit and foam board to allow it to sit in cockpit.
AC unit
Sail bags for every sail
Forespar tiller extension handle (new 2013)
-Misc stuff-

All repairs made with WEST SYSTEM EPOXY and INTERLUX products.
All outdoor fabric is Sunbrella Marine fabric.

The boat gets complimented easily on how nicely done it is. This boat is in the kind of shape that if you bought a 19, and gave it to the marina to get all the work done (Where I used to work as a fiberglass repair tech and subsequently Harbor Master) this is what it would come out like.
I am a professional boat repair man, with 14 years experience, so this isn't just a DIY job. Part of the job even had representatives from Interlux on hand when work was being done.

Asking price is $10,500 Or Best Offer, so make an offer!
I ask that all offers be serious as I will be serious about considering them. Someone else needs to enjoy this boat.
****= edited to reflect changes.

This boat is literally ready to go to a slip, or trailer sail. 
The boat can be packed for travel should someone buy it. And people that have seen this boat can attest that it is basically like "NEW" condition, with fresh everything, just read my first post for details.

Thank you for looking.
And again, if you have a offer, I will consider it, not going to hurt or offend me to ask. Might even consider trades, but not totally sure. Just pondering.

Mac
dtjasondavis@gmail.com
618-780-3585 (call anytime, mobile phone, leave message if no answer.)
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.