a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Cabin hanging bag/nets over quarter berths

Started by jim1440, March 29, 2019, 02:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim1440

I have a C19/3 where along both interior sides of the cabin on a wood strip are some metal "twist latches" .. as you can tell I'm struggling for terminology here! Has there ever been any fabric bags/netting/pockets available that are made to attach? It seems like they are there so you could put items that would be handy when sleeping in the quarter berths. Any leads would be appreciated.

Jim
--------------------------------------------
Belle Eire - CP 19/3 #494
Coniston - CP Picnic Cat #184

Finbar Beagle

They are for organizer bags.  They are kinda cool with many pockets and you can roll up and take off when needed.  I still have the original ones for my boat.  I will take pics in a couple of weeks.

I found plastic totes work best for me for stowing things,  but these would defiantly be useful if you slept on board.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

wes

Jim - the 19s came from the factory with nylon storage organizers made to fit those latches. They had the Com-Pac logo on them. If yours have gone missing, suggest you contact Matt at the Hutchins parts department. He can probably sell you a new set or at least tell you who fabricated them. My guess would be Island Nautical, formerly JSI, formerly Johnson Sails, in Clearwater. They have supplied a lot of canvas, sails and cushions to Hutchins for many years.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

jim1440

Pictures would be great .. I'll give Matt a call.

Thanks!

Jim

Finbar Beagle

In Ireland now, will take the pics next weekend.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Reighnman

Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

jim1440

Thanks so much for the picture - it helps to see it. Looks like you are getting an early start training your able seaman!

Jim

carry-on

Last November I contacted Gerry Hutchins about hanging bags. He said they were standard equipment at one time but they lost the vendor and never located another. 
$UM FUN TOO

CP-16 Hull# 2886