a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Looking for a Com-Pac 27/2

Started by TopsailB, November 19, 2018, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopsailB

Our Pearson 34 sank during Florence. Ready for another boat and a downsize. Email delburns at gmail dot com. I'm in Southeastern NC-thanks.
Topsail Beach NC
1989 Com-Pac 27
1986 Com-Pac 23D
1986 Com-Pac 16
1959 Simmons Seaskiff 18

TopsailB

Still looking. The admiral loved the Pearson (especially the enclosed head). In the meantime, just bought a CP 23 to have something to sail. A sweet sailing boat for sure!
Topsail Beach NC
1989 Com-Pac 27
1986 Com-Pac 23D
1986 Com-Pac 16
1959 Simmons Seaskiff 18

deisher6

Hey TopsailB:
There is one for sale at Duck Creek Marina across from New Bern, NC, brokered by Neptune Yacht Sales. We keep our boat there.  There are couple more listed around Oriental, NC.  I have looked at a bunch of C-27's, sailing two of them for about 8 years, until a PS 34!  For my money check out redfish out of Wilmington, NC, on this blog,  redfishnc@yahoo.com  ... next to Wes's Sophie, the nicest '27 that I have seen.

regards charlie

TopsailB

Many thanks for the leads. I'm familiar with and have considered both. The Duck Creek boat has the Universal M12 engine which doesn't provide the hp to handle the current at Topsail. Otherwise it's a nice boat. Redfish's boat in Wilmington is in superb condition (with one significant exception) and has more bells and whistles than even I could have imagined and installed. Unfortunately Florence damaged her hull in the vicinity of the port chain plates including the rub rail and rub strake. Assessing/repairing the damage will include disassembly of a good bit of the interior.

That leaves me still in the hunt. Any future leads will be appreciated! In the meantime I'll happily sail the CP23.

Del
Topsail Beach NC
1989 Com-Pac 27
1986 Com-Pac 23D
1986 Com-Pac 16
1959 Simmons Seaskiff 18

deisher6

Hey Del: 
Sorry to hear abut Redfish's C-27. 

I have sailed 2 "86 C-27's for around 8 years from Wilmington to Edenton on the sound, rivers, and canals and very little offshore between New River and Cape lookout.  There were times when I wished that I had more power but really did not need more power.  Do not disparage the '27 just because of the U-12.  Very easy to maintain and very accessible.

regards charlie

wes

I've been a 27 sailor for almost a year, and have not yet encountered a situation where the power of the Universal M12 was inadequate, and that includes plowing myself out of more than one grounding (usually because Charlie gave me bad directions :). In fact it's been the most reliable piece of equipment on the boat. Perhaps others sail in areas with much stronger currents, but for me it has plenty of power, is very fuel-frugal, is easy to work on, and is extremely reliable.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

TopsailB

Hey guys, thanks for the info. No disparagement of the M-12, but at Topsail Beach we have a 4 ft tidal differential and the current runs 3+kts at peak. Add a head wind and you can find yourself at 1-2kts VMG. I frequently sail out of Topsail Inlet to Masonboro or Cape Lookout and need all the power I can get.
Topsail Beach NC
1989 Com-Pac 27
1986 Com-Pac 23D
1986 Com-Pac 16
1959 Simmons Seaskiff 18

John

Hi,
Have you had any luck in your search?
I'm looking for a CP27 as well. I want something nice and newer than 1994..
Thanks and good luck on your quest.
John

TopsailB

Nothing yet. Hopefully warm weather will surface a few possibilities-
Topsail Beach NC
1989 Com-Pac 27
1986 Com-Pac 23D
1986 Com-Pac 16
1959 Simmons Seaskiff 18

Mas

Hey Topsail.

So sorry to hear about all of the damage from storms there. Not sure of your budget and why a Compac 27 vs another craft that size. I know of a 89' Pearson 28 that was for sale at our marina http://www.regentpointmarina.com that was taken off of the market secondary to the two owners having trouble getting their act together on offers. I am fairly confident, since they now have another boat, that the Pearson could be had. It was in great shape. Pearson's overall are a bit notorious for being a little under-powered.  You are welcome to PM me as well. Here is another down ur neck of the woods.  https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1986/pearson-28-pearson-2903123/?refSource=browse%20listing Love the layout as similar to our 31.

We have a PSC 31 and absolutely love her. Shoal draft, plenty of HP for the auxiliary, yada yada! Had a 23D for a while as well and your are correct that they are great sailing boats! Also have a CP16 just cuz! Same hull design and sailing characteristics as the 23 just way easier to launch and transport, almost zero expenses, and a nice compliment to the 31.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

moonlight

I can't recall if I answered privately or not; but given that others are in the market I do have a 2000 CP25 lying New Orleans, LA.
Westerbeke 12CTwo
Wheel Steering
Roller Furling
H/C Pressurized water
full marine head
etc?

email dave at moonlightmarine dot com
dave@moonlightmarine.com

phone (504) 606 - 9029 normal business hours only please