News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Ordered West Marine Bottom paint today............

Started by captronr, December 10, 2018, 02:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captronr

They don't make the Red in quarts anymore, but their gallon was 25% off today and tomorrow.  I plan to touch up the keel and rudder over the winter.

If you need a little, bring a mason jar and I'll give you a few ounces, or sell you the remainder next spring.

Being in the West Marine free zone, with the nearest stores Tulsa or Denver, I asked about the Hazmat shipping, expecting it to be ski high.  Nope, orders over $50 is free shipping.  YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE.

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain

alsantini

Ron    What did you buy?  Is it the hard finish that Com Pac used on many of the Eclipse?  I am about due to re-apply to OtW and so will be interested how yours comes out.

Enjoy and Sail on.    Al

captronr

Hi Al,

Yep it is the red bottom paint quoted on this site as what was used by CP. 

I'm only touching up the rudder which has prop dings and parts of the keel.  Rest of it is fine.

I'll post how it goes + pics..  Will have to wait for some warmer weather though.

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain