Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Wanted: Horizon Cat.

Started by PJ, July 02, 2018, 05:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJ

Andre,

I would love to see  and perhaps  buy Ron's Horizon  Cat,  he is not in a position to show it based on what he has pm'd me with his move to Florida.  Thanks for offering the positive condition of the boat.  I have followed what Ron has done with the disc brakes, moving the axles for tongue weight, raising tires from ground to avoid dry rot, waxing twice  a year, etc.  I am fairly  confident it could be the  boat for me given all I know  about it.  Perhaps he will be ready to sell soon, but until  he is, my search continues.

Best regards,
PJ
s/v Good Tidings

CaptRon28

Looks like the NJ house is going to sell by the middle of October, but that could change. So, I'm planning to tow the HC down to Florida in the next 2 or 3 weeks, then come back to NJ to finish up and do the final move in mid October. I've got an extra boat lift in back of the house. I'll keep the HC down there for a few months to see if I'll actually use it.  If not, I will sell it. Other option is to sell the trimaran and buy a trawler. Keep the HC to sail. The tri is a lot more work and, at my age, I'm looking for a lot less.

I apologize to all for mentioning that I'm interested in selling it, but a few of you were looking long term and it could be available by then.
Ron Marcuse
2007 Horizon Cat (no name yet)
2008 Telstar 28 "Tri-Power"

PJ

Although there have been a few leads, I have not yet found a Horizon Cat.  A few owners said they had one available, but no one calls or messages back once they find out you are ready to drive there with a truck and buy it!  Go figure that one out....  I knew going in this would be a longer term search so two months in I am not that surprised.
s/v Good Tidings

rbh1515

Quote from: PJ on September 17, 2018, 02:47:31 PM
Although there have been a few leads, I have not yet found a Horizon Cat.  A few owners said they had one available, but no one calls or messages back once they find out you are ready to drive there with a truck and buy it!  Go figure that one out....  I knew going in this would be a longer term search so two months in I am not that surprised.

Strange....not sure why someone would put there boat up for sale, but then wouldn't sell it??  Do they think you are scamming you? 
Rob
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

rbh1515

What happened to the HC in Wisconsin?  Where is it...I'm in Wisconsin.
Rob
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

PJ

Rob,  No, don't think they were scamming, although I did put a want ad on sailing Texas and got 2 suspicious emails, both of them listed on known scammers email addresses websites so never responded to them. 

Turns out the one that I spoke with to setup a time to see started a new job and finally after two weeks contacted me back this week.  Going to look at that one Monday.  The other one I flew down to Florida to see.  It was a mess, interior mostly soft/rotted wood needing complete rebuild, diesel motor mounts shifted from plywood de-lamination meaning diesel had to be pulled, and mounts rebuilt.

Looking at another one in Florida the end of the month.  It is much newer so will see. 

The Wisconsin one was a lead from a friend also looking for me... I believe the dealer was in Waunakee - Madison Boat House ...  turns out it was a new Horizon Day Cat once they gave me the information so never even called them.

s/v Good Tidings

PJ

Put down a deposit this week on a Horizon Cat.  Will pickup when I get back from a Royal Caribbean cruise this week.  Looks like the search may be over....
s/v Good Tidings

PJ

Horizon  cat  is now back at our farm.  No issues trailering, with 5 new tires put on before the trip.
s/v Good Tidings