a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

The search is over! New to me Horizon Cat

Started by PJ, October 10, 2018, 08:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJ

Just trailered home 400 miles, my new to me Horizon  Cat.  Already have two trips planned for this fall including Cedar Key in November.  Can't  wait...
s/v Good Tidings

Cruzin

Congrats on the new yacht! You will love Cedar Key, I live near there it is a great place to be. Have fun!

Dale
" Some people never find it, some... only pretend,  but Me; I just want to live happily ever after, now and then."  Jimmy Buffett

Tom L.

PJ congrats. Good to hear you found your HC. These Cat boats are the Cats Meow, oh gosh I wonder ow many times that's been said but it's true. Our first Cat Boat was a Sun Cat now a Menger 19 they are just great boats especially for the skippers with a few miles under the keel.

Good Luck
Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

Andre

Congratulations on your acquisition!

2 little things to check:

My manual bilge pump (Bosworth 500) hose didn't have a strainer and wasn't working when I got it.  Took pump apart and found teak bung lodged in pump. Purchased strainer from Bosworth (~ $10).

Push-pull steering cable clamp on rudder slipped.  First noticed when rudder travel much greater to one side than other.  Had friend climb into port side hatch (my back's too old for those contortions) and re-tighten clamp after we re-centered it.  Only took 1/2 hour.

Have fun!

PJ

Thanks everyone.  Andre, will check those along with bracket below bow sprit.  Adding the Florida 120 in May to the planned trips.  Sailed it this year in s/v SageCat, next one in the HC.
s/v Good Tidings