a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

My Boats Become Famous... Really

Started by Windhawk, March 02, 2006, 08:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windhawk

A picture I took of my Com-Pac 23D/IV in her slip at Holland, Michigan has become the "official" photo for the line being used at the Com-Pac Yachts website.

You can see it here: http://www.com-pacyachts.com/com-pac23.php

But here it is because, well because I like looking at her:

Bill Pfanstiel

Your CP23/IV looks great! I do have a question that I hope you can answer. In the latest literature on the new CP23, Hutchins mentions that Improvements have been made to ease the installation of instruments. We have a 1987 CP23/II. I have added a bulkhead mounted compass and depth/speed/log to the boat. Do Hutchins improvements include a way to hide the back of these instruments and their wiring? If so how do they accomplish this? Any information would be greatly appreciated as the back of these instrments are unsightly. Again good luck with your new boat and we wish you a fair winds and sunny days!

Windhawk

I read that the other day, and I'm not quite sure what they're getting at.

mr toad

your new yacht looks so very nice

hope you enjoy and best sailing to you

one quick question - what is your hull number

thanks

mr toad 23/3

LConrad

It looks like you have one of those new foil rudders instead of the old aluminum plate.  Com-Pac is now offering an upgrade for mod 3s.  What do you think of your rudder system?

Windhawk

I've never sailed one without the foil rudder.  By reputation, that have a bit too much weather helm.  Folks on the board who've made the switch have been very happy.  Overall, my boat is quite balanced.