Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1984 10th Anniversary Edition Com-Pac 16 for sale - ******SOLD******

Started by Solid_Tude, August 27, 2018, 11:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solid_Tude

SOLD!

1984 10th Anniversary Edition Com-Pac 16 for sale  - Price reduced and now only $2500

Really want this sailboat to sell before the snow flies up here in northeastern Minnesota, so I'm reducing the price drastically to give incentive for those that would want a nicely equipped version of this classic.  Don't want to wrap this up for the winter again, just to unwrap it in the spring.  Take advantage and save $100's. 

If it doesn't sell, the price will go right back up in the spring, as I know the supply/demand seasonal dynamics.

Sailboat comes with a terrific tarp and my illness makes it difficult for me to wrap and unwrap.

Unfortunately, illness forces me to sell my sailboat.  Balance issues for the past 5 years (Peripheral Neuropathy) have not allowed me sailing this vessel anymore.  It's about 90 percent restored and wouldn't take too much to complete.  It's been in storage in a pole barn for 4 winters then under a custom made tarp for the last two.  Bought it from another forum member back in late summer 2011.  Completely seaworthy for western Lake Superior, and located in Duluth, Minnesota, it's ready for a new owner and new adventures.  I've priced this very competitively from what I've seen, so I hope it goes to an appreciative new owner.  I've got more than double the asking price amount into it.

Here's a link to more photos:

http://s187.photobucket.com/user/TJDevious/library/Com%20Pac%2016%20for%20sale?sort=3&page=1

Other than stock additions:

2 ½ hp Tohatsu outboard motor

IDA foil Rudder by Rudder Craft

SailCare like new mainsail still crisp with two working Jiffy Reefing (Slab Reefing) points

CDI Flexible Furler 1 roller furling jib in good condition

Boom Vang

Harken Main Sheet gear (professionally installed)

Harken slotted jib sheets and gear (professionally installed)

Custom mast carrying supports and mast raising gear (professionally designed and installed)

Custom tarp made for winter storage

Custom solid Maple tiller

Custom wood replacements in plastic for low maintenance on cabin (professionally installed)

Trailer with a spare tire with buddy bearings

Original 10th Anniversary Main Sail Cover in great condition!

Basic Coast Guard safety gear to make it legal on the water, anchor & line, life vests, etc.

Lead acid marine battery for lights new and never been used but kept charged
'Üün!', 1984 - 10th Anniversary Edition CP 16-1 Hull # 2133

RJC

Hi Solid_Tude,
I simply love your boat! You have done many of the things that I would do to upgrade her. I have been looking for a 16 and would buy yours in a hart beat if I could afford the shipping or afford to take off work to come get her. (2000 miles, west coast) If you haven't sold her or I haven't found a closer boat by the first of the year I will make you an offer. I'm sorry you have to sell her. I can tell she was a part of your family the way you detailed her.

Respectfully,

RJC

K3v1n

Very nice! Only if it was closer I might be in trouble from the Missus. Good Luck with the sale.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Wayne J

CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia