a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

shower sump

Started by fish, January 17, 2007, 04:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish

Im curious if anyone has ever installed a shower sump in a compac27.

spaul

Hey Fish, I drive a cp27 with shower in the head. It has a poor man's shower sump. By that I mean there is a drain in the head floor that goes directly to the bilge pump about 2' away. I'm beginning to think that's where my odor comes from but we don't really use the shower in there. We have one in the cockpit that's more roomy.
I'm not sure there's enough room below that head floor for a sump other than what's provided. Is yours different? Mine is '92 model.

Steve Paul

fish

hey Paul, thanks for responding.However , I believe ive found the solution to the problem...An inline water pump(non float switch type) installed under the teak grate... You have to raise your teak grate up a few inches by the door first for pump clearance.Then remove the lowest drain and seal around the inside edge of it with 4200 or 5200 etc.Now you can add an elbow fitting to your pump with a strainer , then just close off your rear drain.Then just plumb the rest as usual.To my understanding , blisters are actually started a lot of times internally from water sitting in a bilge.  thanks again and happy sailn.  Capt.Fish