Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Barnegat Bay- July 21st- Casual raft-up

Started by Finbar Beagle, July 08, 2018, 09:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finbar Beagle

Folks,

Ellen and I plan to sail to Martells Waterside, Bayville, on Saturday, July 21st, target arrival 3pm.
Depending on conditions (weather and ours) we may overnight nearby.  We are not positive we will go into Waterside, maybe just listen to music from anchor.  ( I am not in charge, and that is admiralty decision)

If any one is out and about, let us know.

Regards,
Brian
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Bob23

I'll be recovering from my 4th Blackburn Challenge in Gloucester, MA with a cold beer or two. Have fun!!

Reighnman

I'll keep that in mind but it's a bit far. IF conditions are perfect, perhaps we'll make it that far north. Learned this weekend that the little 12hp Westerbeke is no match for a strong outgoing tide in the IWC. Took us 4hrs to motor 13miles against the tide and wind from AC back to Mystic Island. Was looking at anchorages in BB and came across Meyer's Hole. Would love to try a night there, sail the BB, and overnight at Tices. Now to rope the Grandparents into watching the little rascal is the tougher part.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Finbar Beagle

Ryan and Bob,

Understood, and no worries.  Coming down from north bay, going under Seaside Bridge (rt 37) is usualy avoided (need to furl sails and deal wth big powerboat wake in confined area).  Just want to let you southerners know we will be in your waters.

If anyone will be on the bottom bay, these days,  let us know.  We can go further south if it makes sense.

All the best.  ( Having roller furling CDI jib installed on 19  this week, last upgrade for this season!)

Cheers,
Brian
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

K3v1n

I have a yacht club race that Saturday. :(

On another note....The Cove Restaurant is opening under new management soon, called MJ's. They are right on the bay near buoy 39. Might be another location a little further south if you care to try.

MJ'S RESTAURANT

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS