a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr new news

Started by kickingbug1, June 11, 2018, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

WHERE I THE HECK DID I GET MY PREVIOUS WEATHER FORCAST? it will be in the 90s and pushing 100 on wed and Thursday. hopefully no storms
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Salty19

Have fun you guys, we wish we could be there.  Thanks for everything you do Kick and Admiral Sarah to make this event as fun as it is.

Hope we can make it next year and maybe even with a boat?!
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

kickingbug1

wellthis year we had rather low attendance and the weather has been kind of stormy however, we had a great day on Monday with great wind and lower temps. sailed for about 4 hours plus and rafted up and swam at our spot near the south shore park and the dam. the meet and greet was wonderful at the winery with the big table for just us 8. excellent food and service (they do a great job). yesterday it looked like it would storm so we all went to breakfast uptown at the 50 café (wonderful and way too much). ask roger about the horseshoe breakfast he had. the waitress told him that to date no one ever finished it---even teenage boys. we headed out around noon and again got lucky with storms passing us to the south and north and great winds (we topped 5.5 knots). again another nice raft up and then back to the marina. went to st rose for a fantastic meal and back to the marina for some corn hole competition. dan has found his game and jasons new girlfriend Lindsey got her groove on too. today it will be the cruise to the silo and we should have good wind (i think 10 out of the west. should be an easy beam reach. then we will raft up near point 5, (great little cove with a clean sand bottom). of course during the week we have had the lake to ourselves except for a few fisherman and it has been peaceful and quiet. we have also had the club to ourselves as well. hope to get the race in on Thursday but they are looking for light wind. more to come.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

kickingbug1

race day was good and bad. a little wind helped  everyone get to the windward mark with no trouble. matt smoked everyone on the downwind leg. that hunter 19 is a great light wind boat for sure. the wind completely died so we all adjorned to point one for a bit of swimming. it was hot. Thursday night we were hit by one heck of a storm. i pulled my boat and barely got it taken down before the storm hit (but i did make it). the awards dinner went very well (sarah did her usual majic and put the whole thing together herself. the costumes were great. a nice group of pirates and one parrot, jasons  girlfriend, Lindsey was a standout in her parrot costume and deserved her prize for her great work. and she sure can play cornhole as well. dans costume was a guy from Indiana. lynn said that he was our "captive". the storm rolled in and added to the fireworks. a good time was had by all. trophies were awarded. i want to thank everyone who came. you folks are very special to sarah and i. and it was a pleasure to host the event for the tenth time.

rogerschwake

Man am I getting old, left a great party a day early. Had a great time with good weather, cold beer and lots of fantastic food. Yes we went to breakfast and they brought me what I ordered but three or four times what anyone could or should eat, and I love to eat as much as I love to sail. Steve and Sarah did a fantastic job of organizing the hole week. Unless they plant me in the ground I'll be there next year and you should be too.

ROGER

mattman

Thanks Steve and Sarah for a great time!! The sailing was good, the food better and the sailors the best. I thoroughly enjoyed the downtime swimming the coves and visiting. The race marks were marvelous and the race start went off without a hitch. What a great week and event. See you all on the water...Matt

rogerschwake

I'm not sure, but think I saw the race marks from highway 127 on the way home. Great job Steve, see you and Sarah next year.

ROGER