a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Lake Monroe Mess About

Started by crazycarl, September 16, 2018, 11:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

Joanie and I just returned from the Lake Monroe Mess About in southern Indiana outside of Bloomington.  this was their 27th year holding the event.  great people and great sailing on a beautiful 10,000 acre lake.  although we elected to bring our 15' sailboat rather than the Compac 19.  next year the 19 will be with us.  i met a great guy who rode his motorcycle in from Ohio and we sailed all day saturday together.  he's a former Compac 16 owner that is once again looking a 16.  i told him about this site, and of course invited him and the others to next year's CLR.  although they all seem normal, so they may not fit in ;)
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

kickingbug1

that is a novel idea  "normal people at the clr" ? hmmmm
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Bob23

crazycarl

tom, the gentleman who arrived via motorcycle had purchased a new 1984 Compac 16, but later sold it.

i just received an email tonight, he picked up another 16 and is registered as OhioTom.

now all he needs is to attend CLR, the best darn get together ever put together!  (sorry bob)
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"