a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Good Sailing This Past Sunday

Started by gmerrill, March 08, 2018, 05:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmerrill

Had a good sail this past Sunday. The wife went with me and we launched in the back bay of Bay St Louis, MS.  Winds were running little above 10 mph.  We were running a sustained 5.2 to 5.3 knots according to our Bi-Data.  My wife is always skittish when the winds pick up.  When I showed how far the railing was above the water.  She was impressed and relieve.  Beginning to love this boat.  Learning how to get set up quicker.  The sailing will be getting really good around  here.  I'll be trailering to Pensacola and other parts.  Hope to see you guys around.

Greg

waterwheels

Wow sounds great. Getting the winter blues up here in Ontario. Sure could use a sailing vacation.
Thanks for sharing.

Don
"Living Water"

alsantini

Sounds great Greg.  I especially like the part that your wife was impressed.  Sailing flat or slightly heeled is always better in my wife's book.  Got out Monday on Charlotte Harbor.  Started out with almost no wind but it filled in around noon and we were sailing well.  Two of my northern friends.  Issues have kept me off the water more than I would have liked, but it is what it is.  I guess once a week is still better than shoveling snow, scraping windows, and listening to the heat running most of the time.  And, my other favorite phrase, a bad day sailing is still better than a good day at work.  I have a minor issue with the traveler that I will work on next week.  It needs to have new line.  Once it is done all lines have been replaced on the boat.  Enjoy and Sail On....  Al