Main Menu

CP 27 in Oriental, NC

Started by Reighnman, November 05, 2017, 07:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reighnman

Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

deisher6

Hey Reighnman:
There are a couple of C-27's for sale around Oriental.  I think that this may be one of them on the hard near the center of town.  If so I checked it out.  Not a bad looking '27.  Seems that when I looked at it about a year ago the price was higher. Listed at a fair price.

I can tell you more about mine listed at http://www.sailboatrichlands.com ?

Smooth Sailing

regards charlie

Tim Gardner

Charlie - You sellin Windrunner?
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

deisher6

Hey Tim: 
Over a few beers the CFO and I decided to offer Windrunner for sale through Keith Scott.  If it sells in a year will buy a BIGGER sailboat.  Looking at C-33/35 or Pacific Seacraft 27(+).  If it doesn't sell in a year my dreams will be crushed and I will sail her until I sail no more.

Smooth Sailin

regards charlie

Reighnman

What local attractions can I guise this recon trip under with my CFO? For all the work and serious labor you've done, that asking price isn't unjustified.

deisher6

Hey Reighnman:
I happily and eagerly go sailing with anyone, anytime. 

You shouldn't need an excuse to go sailin'.

Smooth Sailing
regards charlie

deisher6

I Went to Oriental yesterday and checked out the boatyard.  Bouchon is the C-27 that I checked out a while back.  It is in decent shape.  The topsides look good with some gloss left in the gelcoat.  The bottom paint is in very good condition and appears smooth.  I did not check close for blisters.  The deck is OK for an southern '86.  The cabin was also OK nothing remarkable.

Again a fair value for the price.  (In my opinion.)

Smooth Sailing

regards charlie

Reighnman

Thanks Charlie! I'm heading down the shore this weekend and have to determine if a 27ft sailboat can be crammed into a slip designed for a 20footer. We keep the boat behind a house and have limited space but I'm determined to make space. Thanks again for the scouting report.