a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Rigging

Started by capecodprof, August 15, 2017, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capecodprof

I bought my Picnic Cat last fall. I have been on it a few times this summer as I cannot figure how the sail is rigged.  I have also found that there are a few broken cleats,I believe they ate called, such as the one that attaches the gaff to the maindail.  I am NOT mechanically inclined and am lost.  I don't want to just sell her as I can at least use her under power, but i would love any suggestions as to who I could bring her to to have this all worked out.  Thanks in advance!

bruce

Hi capecodprof,

I'm sorry to her you're having problems sorting out your boat. I've helped several new sailors with their PCs and would be happy to help as much as you wanted. Fortunately you're only 1.5 hours away, dependent on the traffic of course, if you wanted to meet. I find it useful to demonstrate how we do things on our boat, and then see what specific problems you're facing. I'm sure we can get you up and running.

Pictures work too, especially once some basic terminology and concepts are in place. I'll send you a private message with my contact info. Let me know if I can help.

Bruce
Aroo, PC 308
Narragansett Bay, RI