a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Gasoline Storage

Started by gmerrill, August 14, 2017, 04:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmerrill

At the risk of rehashing an older topic.  Where is a good spot to store extra gasoline aboard. I'm only seeing some spots close to the stern that you possibly could lash in with some line.  Also I read somewhere the mileage you could get out of 6 hp Tohatsu was about 30 Plus on a 3 Gallon Tank without the tide and waves adding or taking away.
Greg

alsantini

I have a 3.5 Gal tank in the Starboard lazarette plus a gallon emergency tank.  Both plus a small tool box fit in the compartment.  The idea of storing fuel in the same locker (Port side) with the batteries and charger did not leave me with good feelings and I do not believe in storing fuel in the cabin.  Just a few of my many quirks....  LOL

captronr

Agree with Al.

There's an ideal spot for a 6 pack ice chest starboard side in front of the motor, or you could put a 1-2 gallon tank there for extra storage.  Me, I want the ice chest there.

If you aren't planning or needing to use the boarding ladder,you could store your extra fuel there, but not sure you want to encomber that area.

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain