a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Butane Tank Storage System

Started by Citroen/Dave, May 16, 2016, 04:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroen/Dave

Below is a link to pictures of a Butane storage system I devised for My CP16/2.  I think the same boarding ladders are used on other ComPac boats so the materials and dimensions will probably apply.  The PVC pipe is three inches in diameter, length a little over 8 inches. Cut it snug between the ladder rails so that it will not rattle.  I used a Dremel saw to cut two slots to accept a standard Velcro strap, the same type strap that holds up the folded ladder.  I found the Velcro straps at Lowe in the Velcro section.  Make the slots so that tension on the Velcro strap holds the Butane tank snug; no rattles.

If you are boarding your boat from the water, just throw the whole thing into the cockpit.  If you are retrieving the Butane tank, just remember, none of this stuff floats . . .

http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/CitroenDave/library/Butane%20Storage

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
'87 ComPac 16/2  "Keep 'er Wet" renamed "Slow Dancing"

Tim Gardner

Great idea, Dave.  You must invent things.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Citroen/Dave

I have added a S.S. bolt and nut through the "bottom" end of the PVC tube to keep the Butane tank from falling out the bottom when I lift the unit on board.

Pacman

Dave,

That is an excellent solution for keeping fuel out of the boat.

I might do the same to carry a quart of gasoline for my little Honda 2 hp.

Thanks for the tip.
Com Pac 16: Little Boat, Big Smile

Citroen/Dave

Tim,

Do a google search for "The Beale/Woolley Depth of Cut Indicator", one of my better collaborations.  It changes an industry.

Dave