a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Purchasing New Eclispe

Started by gmerrill, June 02, 2017, 10:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmerrill

Monday morning I will be ordering a new Eclipse from ComPac. Thanks to all the present Eclipse owners making my decision easier with your positive comments about the boat and its capabilities. Gerry tells me it should be ready in August. Looking forward to it
Greg

Tim Gardner

The best part is the insurmountable attention this company is going to bring to the construction of your craft.  There is no better in the industry.

Welcome to the Com-Pac-hood.

hope I can Get a day sail on your new yacht!

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

gmerrill

alsantini

Greg.  Great decision.  I hope you will enjoy the Eclipse as much as I do.  I sailed on Thursday in 13-15 mph winds and had an absolutely wonderful sail.  Sail On    Al

TedStrat

Very exciting and great choice. It's going to be a long 3 months Greg but you will have just in time for some great fall sailing. Not sure if you plan to trailer, moor or dock but consider the midship cleats if in a marina. I added mine after I got the boat and use all the time as a spring line. Gerry offers I think as an option. Everything else is designed to perfection - Can't think of anything I would change.
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

gmerrill

Thanks for input on midship cleats
Greg

DaleM

Congratulations!  Fair winds and unlimited horizons.
If not now..When?

Eagleye

Congratulations Greg,
You will not be disappointed in your decision.  This will be year 5 with my Eclipse and she has been very kind to me as a novice sailor.  We sail mostly in lakes in the northeast and the trailering capability is priceless.
Do you know what your hull # is yet?  I'm curious to know how many Eclipses are out there now.  My 2006 is # 42.
Best of Luck,
Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42