a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Possible New Eclispe Owner

Started by gmerrill, May 16, 2017, 04:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmerrill

Getting close to pulling the trigger on a purchase of a new eclipse.  Have talked to Al.  Good feedback.  Would anyone care to say some encouraging or discouraging words about being an eclipse owner

Respectfully
Greg Merrill
Previous Precision 23 Owner

Vectordirector

HI,

I've had Eclipse #23 for nearly 5 years.  You can see the history of my buying her and learning to sail her here on the forum.  Bottom line is she is the perfect boat for how I use her, day sailing on Charlotte Harbor in Punta Gorda, FL.  I've never spent the night on her and really have no desire to. 

Great boat and very easy to sail.  Best part is that Compac is family owned and they answer the phone when you call.  I have nothing bad to say about the Eclipse.  She can take more than I can. 

Probably depends on if it is the right boat for you. 

I've known Al since he bought his boat and he is a great source of information as is everyone here. 

Don't be afraid to ask more questions, we are a pretty friendly group.

Good luck.  Fair winds.

Vectordirector

2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

TedStrat

Greg,

I've had mine for 3 years now and can't be happier with the sailing ability, the classic looks and the fun we've had. I single hand it a lot but also love taking out my two kids (24 and 28 years old) and they have a blast. To date most sailing has been around the bays and sound here on Long Island. I want to trailer down to the Chesapeake in the fall and sail for a week and will do that soon. I actually have the diesel version and love the ease and the balance, but I'm sure it's the same boat without ( the blue hull on the compac website is my boat. We sail out in the sound in 2' chop and then pull up the board up and into 18" of water to go clamming. Very versatile and stable.
I would absolutely would buy another eclipse if it was stolen tomorrow (hope I don't jinx it!)

-Ted
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

gmerrill

Thanks for the positive input. They no longer offer the diesel in the eclispe. I guess the extra 13k puts a lot of us out of the market. It must be a sweet rig

lkm

As a recent owner, I would concur that the Eclipse is a really nice boat.
Only reason I sold mine was because it was too small for my family. 
If was only for me, I would buy again.
2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro