a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

In need of a CP 19 rudder

Started by NH Compac, May 04, 2017, 07:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NH Compac

Recently bought a 84 Com-Pac with a missing rudder and tiller. Hoping that some who replaced their rudder with a foil might be willing to give up their original aluminium one. The sailing season is short in New Hampshire so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

philb Junkie19

If you only need the lower aluminum part of the rudder you can have the one I replaced.  I'm in Maine.

NH Compac

Thank you PhilB. That would be greatly appreciated. As it is I need halyards, a tiller, a main sheet and an outboard. AND after trailing my new boat home for the first time I found that one of the bearings completely blew out somewhere along my 80 mile drove. I got the boat for a steal and am now understanding why.  I'm new to the forum so let me know the best way to connect with you. Thanks Dom

philb Junkie19

Dom, Welcome to the site.  Whether new to sailing or and old hand you can lots of helpful info and advice as you work with your CP19.  Just today I jacked my 19 to get all of the bottom painted going by photos added by Heave To.  Don't be afraid of Bob23's talk of $5000. initiation fees if you want to introduce yourself in the lounge or the 19 page. Besides he'll probably still find you down here in classifieds.  I still have the box that the new rudder came in, yours for the shipping or directly if your travels include the upper part of the mid-coast.
Check your 'my messages".
Phil

Reighnman

Welcome Dom! I recently replaced most of the things you listed and this site was extremely helpful, just keep an eye out for Bob trying to swindle $5k from you in fees. The search function is great, and if you're searching for two specific words make sure you put them in "" so it narrows the search. National sails just delivered my new mail and it looks really well done. Compac sells a complete set of halyards if you're not inclined to splice your own. Good luck and welcome! I know the feeling of driving on shot bearings, I was worried the tires were going to explode they got so hot near the end of my 60 mile trip to the dock. Ryan.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat