a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Selling my 19-3, 1991, SOLD!!

Started by MOlson, April 07, 2017, 02:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOlson

Well, my old back is finally giving it up and I'm putting my Com Pac 19-3 on the market.  It's a great boat and I love it, but it's just too much for me to trailer sail. I've been to Block Island and New London overnighting and thoroughly enjoyed it. However for me, it's too much to trail-sail, launch, raise mast etc. etc. Especially since I day-sail a lot. I would put it in the water at a marina or mooring but I work entire month of June and much of August out of town, so marina fees are just too much at $150 a foot for so few days.

added more pics on Photobucket, http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Quirkyluck/slideshow/

You know what stable, well-found boats the 19's are. Very forgiving and surprisingly roomy.
Hull # is ABV00541E091. Trailer and boat are current and registered in Rhode Island. 
The 19-3 has the bowsprit, carries more sail and points a bit higher and this boat comes with 3 literally brand new sails from Masthead in St. Pete, FL., new main, 2 jibs, one 110% and one is 130%. Jibs are hank-on. not furled.
Anchor and great ground tackle included.

Matching mainsail and tiller handle covers are included.
Also, a brand new, never used, Cleanwaste Go Anywhere Portable Toilet (look on Amazon)  that folds into a briefcase looking package + 15 replacement bags.

Cushions are probably original, but totally useable and not torn.
I put in a new hatch/cover when I got the boat, since the old one had seen better days.
Electric is all fine. I also put in new VHF radio, works great.
Boat has shore-power plug-in, a new 12 V deep-cycle marine battery.
6 HP Johnson, Sailmaster, J6SLERE, 1994 outboard, with new charging cable, gone over last year by local Johnson/Evinrude dealer.

Trailer is an original Hutch and works fine....HOWEVER, I was concerned about axle, hubs and tires, so I've done the following:
3500# galv. axle, new galv. hubs, new springs, all new bolts, U-bolts etc. and 2 new tires and galvanized rims, Load Range E, 90 PS1. Tires are 20.5 x 8 x 10. Almost $500 for it all.
Lights on trailer are new.
I replaced and re-carpeted all the bunks on the trailer last year and extended the bottom 2 bunks towards the back, which makes the boat a lot easier to get on the trailer.
Trailer also has new female for the 2" ball and a new swing jack and crank.

Also, I'm throwing in a brand new, never even installed Raytheon, ST - 1000 Tiller Pilot, which I really loved, but never got to hook it up. It's still in the box. $360 !!
There is a Garmin chart and GPS...works ok, but hard to see.
I had plans....but am no longer 20, or 40, or even 60...so it's time for a pond sized power boat I think.
Price is $5800, but will entertain reasonable offers. If you want to come and see it we're in Rhode Island...along the coast...Westerly area. It's a great boat.
Thanks everyone.
Mark O

mkaplan

Mark, If your boat is available please contact me at 770-455-4757 or mkaplan AT kapcom.com Thanks.